How to transfer data on MTN in 2023: In today’s world, where data has become an integral part of our daily activities, we use data for various purposes, such as browsing the internet, streaming videos, communicating with our loved ones, and completing our daily tasks. However, buying data can be costly, especially if you need large amounts of it.
That’s why data sharing is becoming increasingly popular among friends and family members, who are on the same network. With today’s technological advancement, transferring data to friends, family, or colleagues has become very easy.
MTN is one of the largest telecommunication companies in Africa, with vast network coverage and a large customer base. The companies offer a wide range of data bundles to its subscribers ranging from daily plans to monthly plans.
However, sometimes we may have unused data that we want to share with others. MTN allows its customers to share data with their friends and family, which is a convenient way to use the data efficiently and ensure that everyone in your circle has access to the internet.
- How to Check MTN Number
- How to Get Free Data on MTN
- MTN Yafun Yafun Night Plan Code
- Best MTN Tariff Plan for Data and Call
- How to check MTN Tariff Plan
- MTN Night Plan Code
- How to Recharge MTN Card
- MTN Data Plans, Bundles, Prices & Subscription Code
In this article, we will show you how to transfer data on MTN in 2023. TECHSPIKE.COM.NG got you covered! Before we proceed, rest assured that this post will provide answers to the following questions below:
- How to transfer data on MTN?
- How to transfer data from MTN to MTN number?
- Code to transfer data on MTN
- How to share data from MTN to MTN?
- How to transfer Bonus Data on MTN
- How to share data on MTN?
- How to share data on MTN 2023?
- How do I transfer data to another number?
- Code to share data on MTN
- How do I share data on MTN Nigeria?
- How can I transfer more than 2gb on MTN?
- How can I transfer more than 1gb on MTN?
- Can I transfer data from MTN to MTN?
- What is the best way to transfer data?
- And many more!
How to Transfer Data on MTN 2023
To share data on MTN, you need to have an active data plan and a sufficient data balance. The data-sharing process is simple and straightforward, and it can be done through various methods, including:
- Via SMS
- Via USSD code
- Via MyMTN app
Let’s take a closer look at each of these methods:
How to Share Data on MTN Using SMS
The SMS method of transferring data on MTN is one of the easiest ways to share data on MTN. To share data via SMS, follow the steps below:
- Compose a new SMS message and type “Gift (Phone number) (Data amount)” in the message body.
- Send the message to 312.
- You will receive a message asking you to confirm the transaction by replying with ‘YES.’ Respond with ‘YES’ to confirm your transaction.
- The recipient will receive an SMS notifying them of the data transfer.
For example, if you want to share 500MB of data with a friend whose phone number is 08012345678, you would type “Gift 08012345678 500MB” in the message body and send it to 312.
How to Transfer Data on MTN using USSD Code
To Transfer Data on MTN using USSD Code, you have to follow the steps below:
- Open the call app on your phone and dial *312#
- Select option 8 [Gift Data]
- Select option 1 to transfer from your active data balance or option 2 to buy for the friend
- Enter the recipient’s number
- Select the amount of data you wish to share
- select option 1 to confirm the transfer
- That is it! Easy Peasy!
How to Share Data on MTN using MyMTN NG App
The MyMTN app is an all-in-one app that allows MTN subscribers to manage their accounts, buy data, and share data. To transfer data using the MyMTN NG app follow the simple guide below:
- Login MyMTN NG mobile app, if you don’t have the app, you can download it from the Play Store.
- After opening your app, a menu bar showing home, play, help, and more
- Click on more, it shows two headings (my account and Share & Borrow)
- Under share & borrow headings, click on share airtime/data
- After clicking share airtime/data, it provides options for data and airtime.
- Click on the data
- Enter the amount of data and the recipient’s phone number (must be MTN line)
- Select Proceed to confirm
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Transfer Data on MTN 2023
How do I share data on MTN 2023?
Everyone on the MTN network can access the Data Gifting service. You can now transfer from your existing data balance to your friends and family. Simply dial *312# and follow the prompt OR text Transfer Phone number Data amount to 312. The maximum amount you can transfer in a day is 3GB.
How can I transfer more than 1gb on MTN?
Simply dial *312#, select option 8, then option 1 or 2, enter the recipient number, and then select 1 to confirm the transfer.
What is the USSD code for MTN transfer airtime?
Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK.
What is MTN customer care number?
MTN customer care number is 180, you can call at any time of the day/night. They’re available to answer your questions 24/7.
How do I activate MTN Share and Sell?
On your mobile phone, dial *777*recipient’s number*amount*PIN#, then click on send or press OK, e.g. *777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send OK.
In conclusion, sharing data on MTN is a convenient way to use your data efficiently. MTN allows its customers to share data with their friends and family, which is a simple and easy process. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily transfer data to your loved ones.
However, make sure that you have sufficient data balance before sharing data with others, and always double-check the phone number of the recipient before confirming. SHARE DATA! SHARE LOVE!
If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment box below!
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.