How to Open Union Bank Account Without BVN: Are you looking for how you can open Union Bank account without BVN (Bank Verification Number)? If yes, then you are on the right page!
Union Bank is a trusted financial institution that offers various banking services to its customers.
One of the essential requirements for opening a bank account in Nigeria is the Bank Verification Number (BVN), a biometric identification system introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
However, some individuals might wonder if it’s possible to open Union Bank account without a BVN or not.
In this article, we’ll explore the steps and options for opening Union Bank account without a BVN. So, stay with me and keep up!
Importance of BVN (Bank Verification Number)
The BVN is a unique identification number linked to an individual’s biometric data, such as fingerprints and facial features. It serves as a security measure to verify the identity of bank customers and prevent fraud.
While the BVN is a mandatory requirement for most banking transactions in Nigeria, there are exceptions and alternatives for those without BVNs.
Requirements for Opening Union Bank account Without BVN
To open Union Bank account without a BVN, you’ll need to meet specific requirements and follow a set of procedures. Here’s what you’ll typically need:
- You’ll need valid proof of identification, such as a National Identity Card, International Passport, or Driver’s License. These documents help establish your identity in the absence of a BVN.
- Proof of Address: Provide a utility bill, tenancy agreement, or any official document that confirms your residential address. This is a standard requirement for account opening.
- Recent Passport Photograph
Okay, now let’s move on to how you can open Union Bank account without BVN.
How to Open Union Bank Account Without BVN
Once you’ve gathered the necessary documents and completed the account opening form, follow these steps to open Union Bank account without a BVN:
To open Union Bank account without Union bank, you can use any of the methods below to do that:
- Download the UnionMobile app, click on ‘Get Started’, and follow the prompt.
- Log on to the Union Bank internet banking website.
- Visit any nearest Union Bank.
Make sure to always choose te option of opening the account without BVN if you don’t have one a the time.
Limitations of an Account Without BVN
It’s important to note that an account opened without a BVN may have certain limitations:
- Transaction Limits: Accounts without BVNs may have lower transaction limits compared to BVN-linked accounts. This means you might face restrictions on the amount you can withdraw or transfer.
- Limited Services: Some banking services and features may not be accessible to accounts without BVNs. For example, you may not be able to access online banking or use mobile banking apps.
- BVN Requirement in the Future: Banks in Nigeria are increasingly enforcing BVN requirements for various transactions. While you can open an account without a BVN, you may encounter limitations when it comes to more advanced banking services or transactions.
Obtaining a BVN Later
If you initially open Union Bank account without a BVN and later decide to obtain one, you can visit a designated BVN enrollment center to complete the registration process (e.g Bank).
Once you have a BVN, you can link it to your existing Union Bank account to access additional services and remove some limitations.
How to Open Union Bank Account Without BVN – FAQs
How do I create a union bank account with USSD code?
- Using the line/sim/phone number registered with your Union Bank Bank account dial *826# and select the appropriate option for activation.
- Enter the last digits on your Union Bank debit (ATM) card.
- Enter your Union Bank Account number.
- Create your Union USSD PIN.
- Enter and confirm the pin again to complete your USSD registration
- Once all the steps above are completed, the transfer code for Union Bank will be activated on your phone. You can now use it for your banking transactions.
What is the new USSD code for Union Bank?
The Union Bank USSD code is a financial transaction, shortcode for a faster and easy flow of banking services; the code is *826#.
This code can access all your networks such as MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9Mobile as long the phone number is used to open your account or connected to your Union bank account
Can you open an account online at Union bank?
Yes, you can open Union Bank account online. All you need to do is to visit the Union bank official internet banking website.
How to change phone number in union bank without going to bank?
- Log-in to your account in UB Online.
- Click “More”
- Click “View Profile”
- Enter the OTP.
- Select on whether to update Name (currently not available), Email Address and/or mobile number. …
- After updating, kindly wait 24 hours for the changes to reflect.
How do I reset my Union bank PIN?
If you forget the PIN, you can reset ATM PIN at our any ATM, IVR through toll free number or request for a duplicate PIN at our 24 hour helpline number 18002082244 or contact to a branch nearest to you.
While having a BVN is a standard requirement for most banking transactions in Nigeria, it is possible to open Union Bank account without one.
By meeting the specified requirements, providing the necessary documents, and following the account opening process, you can establish an account with Union Bank.
Keep in mind that accounts without BVNs may have limitations on transaction amounts and available services.
As banking practices evolve, it’s advisable to consider obtaining a BVN in the future to access a broader range of banking services and benefits.
Opening Union Bank account without a BVN provides an opportunity for individuals who have not yet obtained this identification number to start their banking journey with a trusted financial institution.
If you have any questions regarding this post simply leave us a comment in the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.