How to Open Standard Chartered Bank Account Without BVN: Are you looking for how you can open Standard Chartered Bank account without BVN (Bank Verification Number)? If yes, then you are on the right page!
Standard Chartered Bank is a trusted financial institution that offers various banking services to its customers. One of the essential requirements for opening a bank account in Nigeria is the Bank Verification Number (BVN), a biometric identification system introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). However, some individuals might wonder if it’s possible to open Standard Chartered Bank account without a BVN or not.
In this article, we’ll explore the steps and options for opening Standard Chartered Bank account without a BVN. So, stay with me and keep up!
- How to check Standard Chartered Bank Account Balance [Full Guide]
- How to buy Airtime from Standard Chartered Bank
- How to Block Standard Chartered Bank Account and ATM Card
- How to transfer Money from Standard Chartered Bank [Full Guide]
Importance of BVN (Bank Verification Number)
The BVN is a unique identification number linked to an individual’s biometric data, such as fingerprints and facial features. It serves as a security measure to verify the identity of bank customers and prevent fraud. While the BVN is a mandatory requirement for most banking transactions in Nigeria, there are exceptions and alternatives for those without BVNs.
Requirements for Opening Standard Chartered Bank account Without BVN
To create Standard Chartered Bank account without a BVN, you’ll need to meet specific requirements and follow a set of procedures. Here’s what you’ll typically need:
- You’ll need a valid proof of identification, such as a National Identity Card, International Passport, or Driver’s License. These documents help establish your identity in the absence of a BVN.
- Proof of Address: Provide a utility bill, tenancy agreement, or any official document that confirms your residential address. This is a standard requirement for account opening.
- Recent Passport Photograph
Okay, now let’s move on to how you can open Standard Chartered Bank account without BVN.
How to Open Standard Chartered Bank Account Without BVN
Once you’ve gathered the necessary documents and completed the account opening form, follow these steps to create Standard Chartered Bank account without a BVN:
The code to open Standard Chartered Bank Account without BVN is *977#.
- Open the call app on your mobile phone
- Dial *977#
- Choose the option which is to open account
- Choose the option to open account without BVN
- Follow the on-screen command
- Once you are done, your Standard Chartered Bank Account Number will be sent to you as SMS.
How to Open Standard Chartered Account Without BVN using Standard Chartered Mobile App
To open standard chartered Account Without BVN using standard chartered Bank Mobile App, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Google Play Store to download the standard chartered Bank mobile app
- Install and launch the app
- Click on sign up
- Click on Open account
- You will be asked if you have BVN or not and since you don’t have one, you know the option to choose
- Then, you will asked to enter your details like Full name, email address, etc.
- Once you are done, click on confirm
- And that is it. Your account number will be displayed on the screen.
Limitations of an Account Without BVN
It’s important to note that an account opened without a BVN may have certain limitations:
- Transaction Limits: Accounts without BVNs may have lower transaction limits compared to BVN-linked accounts. This means you might face restrictions on the amount you can withdraw or transfer.
- Limited Services: Some banking services and features may not be accessible to accounts without BVNs. For example, you may not be able to access online banking or use mobile banking apps.
- BVN Requirement in the Future: Banks in Nigeria are increasingly enforcing BVN requirements for various transactions. While you can open an account without a BVN, you may encounter limitations when it comes to more advanced banking services or transactions.
Obtaining a BVN Later
If you initially open Standard Chartered Bank account without a BVN and later decide to obtain one, you can visit a designated BVN enrollment center to complete the registration process (e.g Bank). Once you have a BVN, you can link it to your existing Standard Chartered Bank account to access additional services and remove some limitations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Open a Standard Chartered Bank Account Without a BVN?
Yes, you can initially open a Standard Chartered Bank account without a Bank Verification Number (BVN), especially for the basic tier of accounts. However, you will be required to link a BVN to enjoy full banking services.
What are the Limitations of Not Having a BVN with My Standard Chartered Bank Account?
Without a BVN, you will have limited access to certain banking features. For instance, your account balance and withdrawal limits may be restricted, and you may not be able to access online and mobile banking services.
How Can I Link My BVN to My New Standard Chartered Bank Account?
If you already have a BVN from another bank, you can easily link it to your new Standard Chartered Bank account by visiting the nearest branch or using the mobile app. Some branches may also offer BVN enrollment services if you don’t have one yet.
Is it Mandatory to Link a BVN Eventually?
Yes, it’s mandatory to link a BVN to your Standard Chartered Bank account eventually if you wish to enjoy unrestricted access to all banking services including higher transaction limits.
While having a BVN is a standard requirement for most banking transactions in Nigeria, it is possible to open Standard Chartered Bank account without one. By meeting the specified requirements, providing the necessary documents, and following the account opening process, you can establish an account with Standard Chartered Bank.
Keep in mind that accounts without BVNs may have limitations on transaction amounts and available services. As banking practices evolve, it’s advisable to consider obtaining a BVN in the future to access a broader range of banking services and benefits.
Opening Standard Chartered Bank account without a BVN provides an opportunity for individuals who have not yet obtained this identification number to start their banking journey with a trusted financial institution.
If you have any questions regarding this post simply leave us a comment in the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible! Thanks for sticking with NigerianPriceGuide.com.ng.
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.