How to link NIN to GLO in 2023: I believe you are here to read about how you can link NIN to your GLO line. GLO NIN code!
In 2022, the Nigeria Government made it a requirement that all the users of the network service provider (MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, 9MOBILE OR ETISALAT) must link their National Identity Numbers (NIN) to their line before they can be given access to use the line for security reasons. So, if you are here to know how you can do that, you are on the right page!
I know some are here because they are looking for how to link NIN to their GLO line after being blocked. Do not worry, everything you need to know will be covered in this post. TECHSPIKE.COM.NG got you covered!!!
Some of the things that will be covered in this post are;
- How to link NIN to GLO line
- How to link NIN to GLO Sim
- How to link NIN to GLO after being blocked
- How to link NIN to GLO Network
- How to link NIN to GLO online
- How to link NIN to GLO code
- How to link NIN to GLO through SMS
- How to link NIN to GLO number
- How do I know if my NIN is activated
- And many more!
So, stay with me while I break this down for you!
I will advise you not to skip any part of this article as every part of this article is essential for you to know if you want to link your NIN to your GLO line and get your sim unblocked.
- How to check NIN on GLO
- How to transfer Airtime on GLO | GLO Transfer Code
- Glo Data Plans, Bundles & Subscription Code
- Glo Night Plan Code
- How to check BVN on Glo
One more thing! Before I go to how you can link your NIN to GLO line, let me quickly take you through how you can register for NIN.
How to Register for NIN in 2023
Okay, here I am going to take you through quick but thorough steps on how you can register for NIN in 2023;
For those who are yet to register for their NIN, you can visit the NIMC enrolment centers or your preferred network provider centers to register your National Identification Number.
Here’s a quick guide to registering for NIN:
- Fill up the NIMC pre-enrolment form online by visiting Pre Enrolment Portal, and download and print Pre Enrolment Slip.
- Submit your application at the nearest NIMC Registration Centre.
- NIN issuance.
Now that how to register for NIN is sorted, let’s move on to how to link it with GLO number.
Quick note: At the end of this post are a few frequently asked questions with short but concise answers that can even give you more insight on this topic!
How to Link NIN to GLO Sim 2023
How can I link my NIN to my GLO line? Here comes the big question!!!
Here, I am going to give you four methods on how you can do this, so stay with me and follow through with the following methods I’m about to share with you!
The following are the four ways to link NIN to your Line even after your line has been blocked;
- Via GLO NIN portal
- Via sms
- Through USSD code (shortcode)
- Via NIMC App
Now, let’s take it one after the other!
How to Link NIN to GLO Via GLO NIN Portal
To use this method, simply follow the following steps;
- Visit Gloworld NIN Portal
- Put your details correctly in each box: First Name, Last Name, Middle Name (optional), Phone Number, National Identity Number (NIN), and Email Address.
- Complete the process by entering the two-digit numbers shown, then click on submit.
Simple right? Okay, to the next method!
How to Link NIN to GLO Via SMS
- Subscribers who have secured their NIN but have not linked them with their mobile numbers can do so by simply texting their “NIN to 109” or “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109 e.g. “UPDATENIN 12345678903 Firstname Lastname’ to 109.”
- Alternatively, you can also call 109 to update their NIN via voice call.
Now on to the third method!
How to Link NIN to GLO through USSD Code (GLO NIN Code)
I believe this is the easiest method as it doesn’t require you to have a browsing phone and data. All you need is a phone even if it is the phone people refer to as tannasobe or palasa or ayeloyun (smile).
All you need to do is get a phone and as I said, any phone and follow the following simple steps;
- Glo NIN Code for linking is *109# and it only works for only Glo lines.
- Simply dial *109*NIN# to submit and link your National Identification Number (NIN) on Glo.
Note that if you get an error message, it might be a network problem! So, just wait for a few seconds and retry!
Do you see?? Very simple and easy!! Now, to the last on the list!
How to Link NIN to GLO Via NIMC App
Is this the method you want or you are still facing a problem even after you tested the three methods up there? Either way, do not worry! This method is also a sure and tested method to link NIN to Glo line!
NIMC has launched an app that should enable you to link up to seven numbers to an NIN. To access the NIMC Mobile App, download ‘MWS: NIMC MobileID’ (available for iOS and Androids).
Follow these simple steps to link your NIN to your GLO line using NIMC App;
- Download the ‘MWS: NIMC MobileID’ application on Google Play Store for Android devices or Apple Store for iOS devices.
- Launch the application and insert your NIN and phone number. An OTP is sent to your phone number for verification (OTP is valid for 30 minutes).
- Once that’s out of the way, you’ll be required to create a 6-digit password/PIN. You will always need that 6-digit PIN to sign in to your NIMC mobile app dashboard.
- On your dashboard, select the LINK MY NUMBERS option to add and validate your GLO line. You can add up to 7 mobile numbers using this application and an OTP is required to verify all numbers added.
Okay, friend! Those are the ways you can link your NIN to your GLO Sim! Now, below are some Frequently asked questions about this particular topic explained in this post.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I Get my NIN on GLO?
If you have registered already but you have forgotten your NIN, You can get your NIN from your mobile number used during registration by dialing *346#, following the directive by pressing 1, and a one-time notification will pop up showing your NIN.
Note; #20 will not be deducted if you have not registered or you’re using an unregistered sim.
How To Retrieve My NIN Slip
What if I had lost my NIN Slip? Here is another big question that has a very simple solution!! Do not panic!
In case of a misplaced NIN slip, you can get another one at any of the NIMC enrollment centers (ECRs) by providing your payment teller after paying a sum of #500 through REMITA. They will issue a new one with the same national identity number (NIN) and previously provided details.
How can I Change my Name on NIN Slip
This is serious but it is solvable!! So, don’t despair!
You will surely need to visit any of the NIMC centers, as they will need different details (like an affidavit from the court) depending on the error you wish to amend. The NIMC official will surely guide you through.
How do I link my NIN card to my new Glo SIM?
Glo NIN Code for linking is *109# and it only works for only Glo lines. If you already have your NIN, just follow the steps below to submit and link it. Dial *109*NIN# to submit and link your National Identification Number (NIN) on Glo.
It is literally the same way you link your existing GLO Sim.
How do I check if my Glo NIN is linked?
After you have finished linking your GLO NIN, NIMC will send you a one time message whether your SIM is successfully linked or not and if you are not sure, you can repeat the linking process as much as you like to be sure!
How do I know if my NIN has been validated?
Another way to check if your NIN has been verified is to try linking it up to your SIM card. If the process comes out successful, then your NIN has been verified by NIMC.
Why is my NIN not linking to my number?
This could be for several reasons such as incomplete NIN registration, computer error during integration by NIMC, mismatch of data on NIN registration and data of SIM card registration. If you ruled all these out, it is possible that you linked more than 7 SIM cards to 1 NIN.
Also, it could be because of network problems.
What do I do if my NIN is not working?
If you have a BVN-generated NIN, simply carry the NIN to any NIMC Enrolment center closest to you and tell the agent or official on duty that you’d like to validate your NIN. Once it gets validated, the error will be cleared.
What will happen if I don’t link my NIN to my SIM?
If you do not link your NIN with your SIM card, either you have your 11-digit number (NIN), or your line could be disconnected or banned till you provide your NIN to your network provider. Not linking your SIM card means disobeying the orders given by the FG, which could warrant extra stress.
Can you use another person NIN to link your SIM?
It is possible but not legal as NCC has warned the subscriber from linking another person’s NIN with his/her SIM.
Can I link my NIN by myself?
It is very possible and that is exactly what we covered in this article.
One way to do that is through GLO NIN Code! Simply dial *109*NIN# to submit and link your National Identification Number (NIN) on Glo.
With this article, I am confident that I have explained everything you need to know on how to link NIN to GLO line (GLO NIN code) in 2023.
Kindly leave us a comment if you have any other questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
- How to check Glo Tariff Plan
- How to Borrow Data From Glo
- How to Transfer Data from MTN to Glo
- How to Recharge Glo Card
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.