How to link NIN to 9mobile in 2023: I believe you are here to read about how you can link NIN to your 9mobile line. 9mobile NIN code!
In 2022, the Nigeria Government made it a requirement that all the users of the network service provider (MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, 9MOBILE OR ETISALAT) must link their National Identity Numbers (NIN) to their line before they can be given access to use the line for security reasons.
So, if you are here to know how you can do that, you are on the right page!
I know some are here because they are looking for how to link NIN to their mobile line after being blocked. Do not worry, everything you need to know will be covered in this post. TECHSPIKE.COM.NG got you covered.
Some of the things that will be covered in this post are;
- How to link NIN to 9mobile line
- How to link NIN to etisalat Sim
- How to link NIN to 9mobile after being blocked
- How to link NIN to 9mobile Network
- How to link NIN to 9mobile online
- How to link NIN to 9mobile code
- How to link NIN to 9mobile through sms
- How to link NIN to 9mobile number
- How do I know if my NIN is activated
- And many more!
So, stay with me while I break this down for you!
I will advise you not to skip any part of this article as every part of this article is essential for you to know if you want to link your NIN to your 9mobile line and get your sim unblocked.
One more thing! Before I go to how you can link your NIN to 9mobile line, I’d like to quickly take you through how you can register for NIN online.
How to Register for NIN in 2023
Okay, here I am going to take you through quick but thorough steps on how you can register for NIN in 2023;
For those who are yet to register for their NIN, you can visit the NIMC enrolment centers or your preferred network provider centers to register your National Identification Number.
Here’s a quick guide to registering for NIN:
- Fill up the NIMC pre-enrolment form online by visiting the Pre Enrolment Portal, and download and print the Pre Enrolment Slip.
- Submit your application at the nearest NIMC Registration Centre.
- NIN issuance.
Now that how to register for NIN is sorted, let’s move on to how to link it with 9mobile number.
Quick note: At the end of this post are a few frequently asked questions with short but concise answers that can even give you more insight on this topic!
How to Link NIN to 9mobile Sim 2023
How can I link my NIN to my 9mobile line? Here comes the big question!!!
Here, I am going to give you three methods on how you can do this, so stay with me and follow through with the following methods I’m about to share with you!
The following are the three ways to link NIN to your Line even after your line has been blocked;
- Via 9mobile NIN portal
- Through 9mobile NIN code (shortcode)
- Via NIMC App
Now, let’s take it one after the other!
How to Link NIN to 9mobile Via 9mobile NIN Portal
To use this method, simply follow the following steps;
- Visit the 9mobile NIN portal
- Fill in the necessary details
- Click on submit and wait for the SMS that’ll be sent to your 9mobile number.
Simple right? Okay, to the next method!
How to Link NIN to mobile through USSD Code (9mobile NIN Code)
I believe this is the easiest method as it doesn’t require you to have a browsing phone and data. All you need is a phone even if it is the phone people refer to as tannasobe or palasa or ayeloyun (smile).
ll you need to do is get a phone and as I said, any phone and follow the following simple steps;
- The 9mobile NIN Code for linking is 200*8# and it only works for 9mobile lines.
- Dial *200*8# to link your National Identification Number (NIN) on 9mobile.
Note that if you get an error message, it might be a network problem! So, just wait for a few seconds and retry!
Do you see?? Very simple and easy!! Now, to the last on the list!
How to Link NIN to 9mobile Via the NIMC App
Is this the method you want or you are still facing a problem even after you tested the two methods up there? Either way, do not worry! This method is also a sure and tested method to link NIN to 9mobile line!
NIMC has launched an app that should enable you to link up to seven numbers to an NIN. To access the NIMC Mobile App, download ‘MWS: NIMC MobileID’ (available for iOS and Androids).
Follow these simple steps to link your NIN to your 9mobile line using the NIMC App;
- Download the ‘MWS: NIMC MobileID’ application on Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices.
- Launch the application and insert your NIN and phone number. An OTP is sent to your phone number for verification (OTP is valid for 30 minutes).
- Once that’s out of the way, you’ll be required to create a 6-digit password/PIN. You will always need that 6-digit PIN to sign in to your NIMC mobile app dashboard.
- On your dashboard, select the LINK MY NUMBERS option to add and validate your 9mobile line. You can add up to 7 mobile numbers using this application and an OTP is required to verify all numbers added.
Okay, friend! Those are the ways you can link your NIN to your 9mobile SIM! Now, below are some Frequently asked questions about this particular topic explained in this post.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Retrieve your NIN on 9mobile?
If you have registered already but you have forgotten your NIN, You can get your NIN from your mobile number used during registration by dialing *346#, following the directive by pressing 1, and a one-time notification will pop up showing your NIN.
Note; #20 will not be deducted if you have not registered or you’re using an unregistered sim.
How To Retrieve My NIN Slip
What if I had lost my NIN Slip? Here is another big question that has a very simple solution!! Do not panic!
In case of a misplaced NIN slip, you can get another one at any of the NIMC enrollment centers (ECRs) by providing your payment teller after paying a sum of #500 through REMITA. They will issue a new one with the same national identity number (NIN) and previously provided details.
How can I Change my Name on NIN Slip
This is serious but it is solvable!! So, don’t despair!
You will surely need to visit any of the NIMC centers, as they will need different details (like an affidavit from the court) depending on the error you wish to amend. The NIMC official will surely guide you through.
What is the code for Etisalat NIN?
The code for Etisalat NIN is *200*8#. Simply dial the code to link your NIN to the Etisalat number.
How do I check if my NIN is working?
Dial *109#, You will be asked to enter your 11-digit NIN Number and after that, you will receive a “Successful” message. If you don’t see any message, your NIN linkage is probably not successful.
How do I update my NIN information?
Applicants walk into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document (including an application letter). Applicants will be issued a data modification form to fill out. Applicant data modification forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided.
How do I know if my NIN has been validated and updated?
- Visit the official NIN Verification Portal via https://nimc.gov.ng/verification-service-api/
- Scroll to “Verify NIN” and click on it
- Enter your 12-digit NIN number into the required column
- After entering your NIN number, type in the security code into the required column
- Click on “Submit”
- A message will be displayed notifying you whether your NIN is verified or not.
- If your NIN has not been verified, visit the nearest NIMC office with your NIN number and get it verified.WAEC
What to do if my NIN is invalid?
Do not panic. All you need to do is take the NIN to a NIMC enrolment center closest to you and request verification.
Can I edit my NIMC details online?
NIMC understands that mistakes are unavoidable. So, if you made a mistake during the process of National Identity card registration, you can correct the mistake to have more accurate information through the NIMC modification scheme.
In this post, you were given three ways in which you can link your NIN to your sim. The three ways are Via the NIMC App, Via the 9mobile NIN portal, and through the 9mobile NIN code (shortcode) which I said is the simplest and easiest of the three methods.
All you need to do is dial *200*8# to link your National Identification Number (NIN) on 9mobile.
With this article, I am confident that I have explained everything you need to know on how to link NIN to 9mobile line (9mobile NIN code) in 2023.
Kindly leave us a comment if you have any other questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.