How to Hide Number on MTN in 2023: Are you tired of receiving unsolicited calls and messages from unknown numbers on your MTN line? Or perhaps you simply want to keep your number private for personal reasons.
There are various reasons why you might want to hide your number on MTN, we do not care to know. Whatever your reason may be, hiding your phone number on MTN is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps. Do not worry, TECHWITNG.ORG got you covered!
In this article, we will explain how to hide your number on MTN in 2023, with updated information. Before we proceed, be aware that this blog post will solve the following search intent:
- How to hide number on MTN when calling
- How to hide number on MTN Nigeria
- How to hide number and send message on MTN
- How to remove hide number on MTN
- How to unhide number on MTN
- How to hide number on MTN using USSD
- How to hide number on MTN using Apps
Let’s proceed to how to hide number on MTN.
- How to convert MTN Pulse Points to Airtime & Data
- How to buy MTN Airtime from Bank
- How to migrate to MTN Beta Talk and Benefits
- MTN Customer Care Number
- How to migrate to MTN mPulse
- MTN Yafun Yafun Double Data
- How to check NIN Number on MTN
- How to transfer Airtime from Airtel to MTN
- Difference between MTN True Talk and Beta Talk
How to hide Number on MTN
Hiding your phone number on MTN is a simple process that can be done through different means, which include:
- Through Mobile Phone Settings
- Via Third-party Apps
- Via MTN customer care
- Via USSD code
Let’s take a tour of how to use each method to hide number on MTN.
How To Hide Number on Etisalat/9mobile Through Mobile Phone Settings
This actually depends on the type of phone you are using! So, keep reading to see how you can hide your number on different types of phones!
For those using small phones;
- Check up your call settings under the call section and from there, you get to see where you can hide your 9mobile number!
For those using Android phones;
- Go to phone settings which you can see under the menu or by swiping down the notification bar and clicking on the setting icon.
- Select “Call settings”
- Choose “Additional settings”
- Select “Caller ID”
- Choose “hide number” to hide your 9mobile number
- Also, as I said, there are several ways to do this and also, and the way to conceal your number on 9mobile varies with different types of phones!
Another way to do this is to;
- Click on the “call icon” (the place where you normally open to check your missed, dialed, and received calls)
- Now click on the three vertical dots by the top right corner
- From the drop-down, Click on Settings
- Now, click on calling accounts
- Now, click on the 9mobile Sim you want to hide
- After that, click on the Additional Information
- Hope you are following.
- Now, click on caller ID
- And finally, click on the hide number!
Regardless of the type of phone you are using, those two ways explained up there should work!
NOTE THAT THIS METHOD WILL HIDE YOUR CALL ID FOR EVERY NUMBER YOU CALL! SO, AFTER YOU FINISHED CALLING THE PERSON YOU WANT TO HIDE YOUR NUMBER FROM, MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE HIDE CALLER ID!
How to hide Number on MTN using Third-party Apps
Do you know there are third-party apps that can help you hide your phone number when making calls? These apps work by masking your phone number with a different number or by displaying a message such as “private number” or “unknown number” instead of your actual phone number.
One popular app for hiding caller ID is “CallApp”. This app is available for both Android and iOS devices and can be downloaded from the app store. Once you install the app, you can activate the caller ID-blocking feature and make anonymous calls.
Another popular app for hiding caller ID is “Line2”. This app is available for both Android and iOS devices and can be downloaded from the app store.
Once you install the app, you can activate the caller ID-blocking feature and make anonymous calls. These Apps are user-friendly and can easily be surfed.
It is important to note that while third-party apps can be useful for hiding your phone number, they may not be as secure as using the built-in caller ID blocking feature on MTN. Some apps may collect and store your personal information, which can be a privacy concern.
How to hide Number on MTN via MTN Customer Care
If you want to hide your phone number on MTN permanently, you can do so by contacting the MTN call center. The call center can activate the caller ID blocking feature for your phone number permanently so that your number will always be hidden when you make calls.
To contact the MTN call center, you can dial 180 from your MTN line, or you can dial +23480310180 from any other phone. When you speak to a customer service representative, you should explain that you want to hide your phone number permanently and they will guide you through the process.
It is important to note that the customer care representative takes a while before they pick up your call. If you want to use this method, you have to be patient. The call is free though.
How to hide Number on MTN using USSD code
This is the fastest and easiest way to hide your number. It does not require downloading any App or calling a third party, you just have to dial a simple code to block your caller ID. Here is a simple guide to using this method:
- Dial the code
- The first step to hiding your number on MTN is to dial a specific code. Simply dial #31# followed by the number you wish to call. For example, if you want to call 08012345678, you would dial #31#08012345678. This will hide your number and the person you are calling will not be able to see your number.
- Test it out
- After dialing the code, you should test it out to confirm that your number is indeed hidden. You can do this by calling a friend or family member and asking them if they can see your number. If they cannot see your number, then you have successfully hidden it.
However, If you want to hide your number for all calls you make, you can set it as the default setting on your phone. To do this, go to your phone settings and select ‘Phone’.
From there, select ‘Show my Caller ID’ and turn it off. This will hide your number for all calls you make unless you choose to unhide it by dialing the code again or turning on from your phone setting.
Moreover, It’s always a good idea to verify with your service provider that your number is indeed hidden. This can be done by calling their customer care line and asking them to confirm that your number is hidden.
This is especially important if you are using an MTN line in a country that is different from where you purchased the line.
In a situation where you want to remove your number from hide, you can follow the simple way explained below:
How to unhide your Number on MTN
If you want to reveal your number for a specific call, you can do so by dialing the same code again. Simply dial #31# followed by the number you wish to call. For example, if you want to call 08012345678 and reveal your number, you would dial #31#08012345678.
This will unhide your number for that specific call only. You can unhide your number permanently by calling customer care or simply go to your phone settings and select ‘Phone’. From there, select ‘Show my Caller ID’ and turn it on.
Important notice about call hiding: While hiding your phone number on MTN can be useful in certain situations, it is important to consider the legal implications of doing so. Depending on your country or state, there may be laws and regulations that prohibit or restrict the use of anonymous calls.
For example, in Nigeria, it is illegal to make anonymous calls or use a false identity to make calls. According to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), “it is a criminal offence to make anonymous calls or make calls under a false identity”.
Violating this law can result in penalties, fines, or even imprisonment. Therefore, before hiding your phone number on MTN, it is important to understand the legal implications and ensure that you are not breaking any laws or regulations.
If you are unsure about the legal implications of hiding your phone number, you should seek legal advice.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Hide Number on MTN
What code is *# 67?
Check Your Call Forwarding: *#67#
This code allows you to check which number your phone is currently forwarding calls to when you’re busy or reject a call.
How do I deactivate * 31?
Just dial #31# from the dialer and it will turn off (disable) the service immediately. Hope this will help because I tried it myself.
How do I hide my SIM messages?
If you want to hide your texts from the home screen, here’s what to do:
- Open the Messaging app on your phone.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Tap on In-app notification settings.
- Toggle the switch next to Preview new messages so that it turns off.
How do I make my MTN number private?
The MTN hide number service with the USSD code *31# is that which lets your number appear as unknown or private to anyone you’re calling.
How do I hide my number when texting MTN?
How to Hide Your Phone Number When Sending a Text on Android
- On the home screen, tap “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Phone.”
- From the “Caller ID” drop-down menu, select “Hide My Number.”
In Conclusion, hiding your phone number on MTN can be useful for maintaining your privacy and preventing unsolicited calls from strangers. The process is simple and can be done in a few easy steps.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can activate or deactivate caller ID blocking, use third-party apps to hide your number, or contact the MTN call center to hide your number permanently.
If you have any questions regarding this post, simply leave us a comment in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.