How to Check Union Bank Account Balance in 2023: Union Bank is a leading financial institution that provides a wide range of financial services to its valued customers. One of the crucial aspects of banking is keeping track of your account balance.
Checking your account balance is not only important but also easy and convenient in today’s world. With the advancement in technology, there are various ways to check your Union Bank account balance in 2023.
In this article, we will discuss some of the ways you can check your account balance. Before we proceed, note that this article will provide answers to the following search questions/phrases:
- Union Bank account balance code
- How to check Union Bank account balance on phone
- Union Bank balance checker
- How to check account balance on Union Bank
- Union Bank account balance inquiry
- How to check Union Bank account balance without ATM
- Union Bank mobile banking balance check
- Union Bank online balance check
- How to check Union Bank account balance on UnionMobile App
- USSD code for checking Union Bank account balance
- How to check Union Bank account balance on ATM machine
Let’s proceed on How to Check Union Bank Account Balance in 2023:
How to check Union Bank Account Balance in Nigeria 2023
Checking your Union Bank account balance is easy and straightforward, and there are various ways to do so. These methods include:
- Via UnionMobile App
- Via Internet Banking
- Via ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
- Via USSD Code
Stay with me while I take you through each step one after the other on TECHSPIKE.COM.NG.
How to check Union Bank Account Balance via the UnionMobile App
UnionMobile App is a mobile application that enables Union Bank customers to perform various transactions on their mobile devices. To check your account balance using the UnionMobile App, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the UnionMobile App on your mobile device. You can download the app from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices.
- Launch the app and log in using your Union Bank account details. If you are a new user, register for the app using your Union Bank account number and other required information. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to the app’s homepage.
- On the app’s homepage, click on the “Accounts” tab. You will find several tabs, including “Accounts,” “Transfers,” “Bills,” “Airtime,” and others, on the app’s homepage. To check your account balance, click on the “Accounts” tab, which will take you to a page showing all the accounts linked to your Union Bank profile.
- Select the account you want to check the balance for. From the list of accounts displayed on the “Accounts” page, select the account for which you want to check the balance. If you have multiple accounts linked to your Union Bank profile, ensure you select the right one to avoid any confusion.
- Your account balance will be displayed on the screen. After selecting the account, your account balance will be displayed on the screen. You can see your available balance, as well as any pending transactions or holds on the account.
How to check Union Bank Account Balance via USSD Code
With the USSD code, you can easily check your Union Bank account balance without requiring an internet connection. Follow these simple steps to check your account balance using the USSD code:
- Dial *826# on your mobile phone.
- Input your Union Bank account number.
- Your account balance will be displayed on your phone screen.
Check this out: How to buy Airtime from Union Bank
How to access Union Bank Account Balance via ATM
You can also check your Union Bank account balance by visiting any Union Bank ATM close to you. Follow the steps below to check your account balance using an ATM:
- Insert your Union Bank ATM card into the machine.
- Input your four-digit PIN.
- Select “Balance Enquiry” on the screen.
- Your account balance will be displayed on the screen.
How to check Union Bank Account Balance via the Internet Banking
Banking Union Bank’s Internet banking platform allows customers to perform various banking activities, including checking their account balances. To check your account balance via Internet banking, follow the steps below:
- Log in to Union Bank’s Internet banking platform using your account details. Simply visit www.unionbankng.com on your computer or mobile device and log in with your account details.
- Choose the account you want to check the balance for. Ensure you select the correct account you wish to check its balance if you have multiple accounts.
- Your account balance will be displayed on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the code to check union bank account balance on phone?
The code for checking the Union Bank account balance is *826*4#. Dial it on a mobile phone number linked to your account. Alternatively, SMS the word BAL to 20123.
What is the code for Union USSD?
The official Union Bank USSD code is *826#. Simply dial the code and follow the command prompts to carry out any transactions on your account.
How can I activate my Union Bank USSD code?
Just dial *826# to register. Registration is only done once you dial the numbers for the first time.
- Dial *826*5#
- Follow screen prompts.
- Create a four-digit PIN to authenticate your transaction.
- Complete the activation process.
What is Union Bank Whatsapp code?
The Union Bank Whatsapp code is 09070070001. Save the number on your mobile phone and you can start to chat with Union Bank support on WhatsApp.
Which app does Union Bank use?
The Union Bank mobile app UnionMobile. For Blackberry, Android, Windows, and iPhone, search for UnionMobile in Blackberry World, Google Play Store, Windows Store, and Apple App Store respectively.
A little about Union Bank of Nigeria
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc is a commercial bank in Nigeria. It has been operating in Nigeria since 1917. Union Bank was acquired in early 2022 by small lender Titan Trust Bank in a highly controversial $200 million dollar deal, partly funded by Afriexim Bank.
Union Bank is a large commercial bank, serving individuals, small and medium-sized companies, as well as large corporations and organizations.
In July 2009, it was rated the 556th largest bank in the world and the 14th largest bank in Africa. As of Mar 31, 2018, the bank’s asset base was estimated at NGN1,381 billion (US$ 4.1 billion).
The shareholders’ equity at that time was estimated at NGN286 billion (US$851 million).
The bank’s history can be traced to 1836 when London bankers and British merchants obtained a royal charter from William IV to conduct banking business in the Caribbean.
This group of investors then formed Colonial Bank. Following an act of parliament empowering the bank to open more branches beyond the Caribbean, Colonial Bank began operations in Nigeria in 1917.
Operations started with banking centers in Lagos, Jos, and Port-Harcourt. Further centers were opened in financially important areas, in 1918, the bank opened additional centers at Ebute-Metta, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kano, and Zaria and then added another branch at Burutu in 1921.
During this time, Colonial’s banking activities also covered other cities in British West Africa including Accra and Freetown. In 1925, Barclays Bank acquired Colonial Bank, changing the bank’s name to Barclays Bank (Dominion, Colonial, and Overseas) and later Barclays Bank (DCO).
During the period between 1925 and 1950, commercial expansion was hampered by the Great Depression and World War II, though the bank continued to operate steadily opening a few branches but also closing some branches.
In the 1950s, the bank increased operations in Nigeria and by the beginning of 1960, it had a total of 41 branches.
In conclusion, checking your Union Bank account balance in 2023 is straightforward and stress-free. You can use the UnionMobile app, USSD code, ATM, or internet banking to do so.
It is vital to keep an eye on your account balance to avoid overdrafts or unauthorized transactions.
We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you on how to check your Union Bank account balance in 2023.
In case you have any questions regarding this post, simply leave us a comment in the comment section below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible!
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.