How to check your MTN number in 2023: Have you ever been in a situation where you are required to provide your MTN number but you cannot recall?
Well, it’s quite normal to forget your phone number, especially if you have multiple sim cards or you are someone like me who doesn’t care about memorizing phone numbers.
Fortunately, as an MTN subscriber, checking your MTN number is a quick and easy process that can be done in a few seconds. In this post, you will learn the easiest and quickest ways to check your MTN number in 2023.
- How to Get Free Data on MTN
- MTN Yafun Yafun Night Plan Code
- Best MTN Tariff Plan for Data and Call
- How to Transfer Data on MTN
- How to check MTN Tariff Plan
- MTN Night Plan Code
- How to Recharge MTN Card
- MTN Data Plans, Bundles, Prices & Subscription Code
However, this post will clear doubts on the following questions and related topics;
- How to check my number on MTN line
- How to check MTN number in 2023 on phone
- How to check my MTN number using USSD code
- How to check my MTN number in Nigeria
- How to check MTN phone number
- How to check MTN number on phone
- MTN customer care line
- MTN customer care number Nigeria
- What is MTN customer care number
Keep following to get appropriate answers to any of your questions. Remember, TECHSPIKE.COM.NG got you covered always!!
How to check my MTN number in Nigeria
Revealed below are FOUR different ways to check MTN numbers in 2023;
- Via USSD Code 1
- Via USSD Code 2
- By calling another line
- By calling MTN Customer Care
Let’s take them one after the other!
How to Check Your MTN Number Using USSD Code 1
The easiest and quickest way of checking your MTN number is by using this USSD code, *663#. Here is the guide on how to use this code to check your MTN number on your mobile phone:
- dial *663# from your MTN line.
- A flash message is displayed on your mobile device followed by an SMS, both showing your mobile number. Isn’t that easy and quick? Remember we promised you it would be.
- You can write the number down, save it on your phone or you can memorize it.
How to Check Your MTN Number Using USSD Code 2
Another USSD code to check your MTN number is *123#. Is it different from the first one? Yes, it is different but quite easy like the first code.
Let’s go through the step-by-step method of how to use this USSD code in checking your MTN number;
- dial *123# from your MTN line. This USSD code provides you with many options, including account info, tariff plan, data service, and many other
- select account info [option 1 in most cases]. This leads to another menu that provides options like my number, my tariff plan, my account balance, and end-of-call messages.
- select my number [option 1 in most cases]. By selecting my number in the listed options, it brings a flash message that displays your number and simultaneously sends another SMS showing a similar message.
That’s it, it’s that simple to check your MTN number using USSD code. You can write down your MTN number or simply take a screenshot for future reference.
How to check MTN phone number by Calling another Line
Another quick way to check your MTN number is to call the line, not necessarily MTN numbers in this case. Friends or family members are preferable if you want to use this method.
Here is how to go about this easy way to check your MTN line in 2023:
- Dial your preferred mobile number. As said earlier, it is not necessarily MTN number, you can choose a friend or family who uses other networks such as GLO, AIRTEL, 9MOBILE, but importantly they must be someone close to you
- When they pick their call, ask them to read out the phone number that appears on the caller ID. Alternatively, when they are right beside you, there is no need for them to answer the call. Just ask them to call out the number that calls them.
- You write down your MTN phone number, save it on your phone, or memorize it at once, depending on your choice.
Important notice: Be aware that this method only works if you have enough airtime on your line to make a call. If you’re low on airtime or you have no airtime at all, this method won’t work for you.
How to Check your MTN Number on Phone by Calling MTN Customer Care
If all the aforementioned THREE methods on how to check your MTN number do not work for you, or you are having any other issues with your MTN line that need to be sorted before you can proceed with any of the methods, you can call the MTN customer care line from any MTN line.
This is the simple guide to reach the customer care representative:
- dial 180 from your MTN line or any third-party line [must be MTN line]
- Follow the voice prompts to speak to an MTN customer care representative. This is where you select your preferred language and request to speak with any of their representatives. You’re required to stay online if you wish to have a conversation with the representative.
- When a representative picks up your call, explain that you want to check your number, and they will assist you.
MTN customer care is available 24/7, so you can call at any time of the day or night. However, be prepared to wait on hold for a few minutes before speaking to a representative.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Check Your MTN Number
How do I check my own Number?
Check Your Phone Settings
On Android, the most common path to finding your number is Settings > About phone/device > Status/phone identity > Network. This slightly differs on Apple devices, where you can follow the path of Settings > Phone > My Number.
How do I know when my SIM Card is Registered?
For prepaid users, you should receive an SMS confirmation upon successful registration on your mobile phone if you’re a mobile subscriber, or on your modem dashboard if you’re a prepaid internet kit subscriber.
How do you Update MTN?
Steps to upgrade MTN SIM Card to 4G
Visit any MTN Service Centre nearest to you with a valid National ID. Fill out the form given to you. You will be issued a new 4 G-enabled SIM. Insert the new SIM in your phone, restart, and enjoy.
How to Update NIN on MTN SIM Card via MTN-NIM Portal
- An application form will be displayed on your screen. Fill out the form with your correct details.
- Click on the Submit icon.
- You will receive an OTP code on your MTN number.
- Enter the OTP code you received into the required space.
- Click on the “Confirm” JAMB form.
How do I get MTN configuration?
- Text SETTINGS to 3888, free of charge.
- The settings will be sent to you by SMS, please save the settings as soon as they are delivered to avoid deleting them in error.
In conclusion, checking your MTN number in 2023 is easy and straightforward. The USSD code is still the quickest and most reliable method of checking your MTN number.
However, if you’re having problems using the USSD codes, you can try the other methods explained in this post. Remember to save your MTN number somewhere accessible, so you always have it on hand when needed.
Always remember to check this page if you encounter any problems in any of your lines.
If you have any questions, kindly leave us a comment and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.