How to check MTN Data Balance in 2023: As technology advances, we become increasingly reliant on the internet for almost every aspect of our lives. From work to leisure, staying connected online is a necessity.
One way to stay connected is by using mobile data. Mobile data allows us to access the internet on the go, without needing a Wi-Fi connection. As data is a critical aspect of our daily communication, we must always keep an eye on our data balance.
MTN, one of the largest telecommunication companies in Africa, provides its users with a variety of data plans to choose from.
Firstly, let’s discuss the different types of MTN data plans. MTN offers a range of data plans to suit different needs and budgets.
Some of these plans include daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly plans. To subscribe to any of these plans, you can dial *131# on your MTN line, and follow the prompts to select your desired plan.
- How to transfer Airtime from MTN to Airtel
- How to Borrow Airtime From MTN
- How to transfer airtime from MTN to 9mobile
- How to migrate to MTN Awuf4u Tariff Plan
- How to Change MTN Tariff Plan
- MTN Beta Talk Data Plan
- How to transfer Airtime on MTN Beta Talk
- How to Activate MTN Transfer PIN
- How to transfer Airtime on MTN
- How to cancel Auto Renewal on MTN
You can also visit the MTN website or download the MyMTN app to subscribe to a data plan.
Once you have subscribed to a data plan, it’s essential to keep track of your data usage. This will help you avoid unexpected data charges or running out of data in the middle of an important task.
Checking your MTN data balance is a simple process that can be done in several ways. Before we discuss these ways, be aware that this blog post will discuss the following search intent:
- How to check MTN Data Balance in Nigeria
- How to check MTN Data Balance via SMS
- How to Access MTN Data Balance online in 2023
- Code to check Data Balance on MTN
- How to check borrowed data balance on mtn
- How to check youtube data balance on mtn
- How to check MTN Data Bonus Balance
Let’s proceed to several ways to check your data balance; Always remember that TECHSPIKE.COM.NG is here for you!
How to check MTN Data Balance in Nigeria in 2023
The following are the various ways to check your data balance on MTN:
- Via Mobile App
- Via MTN website
- Via SMS
- Via USSD
- By calling the Customer Care
Let’s take each way, and the step-by-step guide to using them.
How to check MTN Data Balance from MTN Mobile App
If you have a smartphone, you can download the MTN mobile app or myMTN App and use it to access your data balance. MyMTN App is available for both Android and iOS devices and can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. To use this method, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the MTN mobile app or MyMTN App on your smartphone.
- Open the App and sign in using your MTN phone number and PIN.
- Once you’re logged in, the app will display your remaining data balance on the home screen.
Another added advantage of the mobile App is that you can also use MyMTN App to check your airtime balance, recharge your phone, and subscribe to data bundles.
How to check MTN Data Balance using MTN Website
If you prefer to access your data balance online, you can do so by visiting the MTN website. To make use of the MTN website, follow the steps below:
- Open your browser
- Enter the address https://www.mtn.ng
- Login with your MTN phone number
- Your account details, including airtime, data balance, and others are displayed
Note: You must have an internet connection to use this method
How to check MTN Data Balance via SMS
Another way to view your MTN data balance is by sending a text message. This method is convenient if you don’t have a smartphone or if you prefer not to use USSD codes. To use this method, follow the steps below:
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Create a new message.
- In the recipient field, enter the phone number “312”.
- In the message field, type “2” (without the quotes).
- Send the message.
- You will receive an automated response from MTN, displaying your remaining data balance and the expiry date of your current bundle.
How to check MTN Data Balance using USSD
This is the easiest, quickest, and most common way to access your MTN data balance. This is achieved by dialing the USSD code. This USSD code will display your remaining data balance, as well as the expiry date of your current bundle. To use this method, follow the steps below:
- Open the dialer app on your phone.
- Dial *312#.
- select option 1 [data plan]
- Select option 11 [Manage your data bundle]
- Select option 1 [View active data bundle]
- Select the option corresponding to your active bundle
- Wait for the message to appear on your screen, displaying your remaining data balance and the expiry date of your current bundle.
How to Access MTN data Balance by calling Customer Care
If the FOUR aforementioned methods do not work or you’re experiencing difficulties in using any of the methods, you can call MTN Customer Care and ask them to check your data balance for you.
MTN Customer Care representatives are available 24/7, which means you can call at any time of the day or night. Below is a quick step to call MTN customer care:
- Open your phone dialer
- dial 180 from your MTN line
- Follow instructions promptly, and you will be connected to a customer care representative agent, who will help you with any queries you have, including checking your data balance.
It’s important to note that your MTN data balance may take some time to update after subscribing to a new data plan. This is because the network needs to process your request before updating your balance. If your balance doesn’t update immediately, don’t panic. Wait for a few minutes and try again.
How to Check YouTube dData Balance on MTN
To check your YouTube Night/Day data balance, simply dial *312*4#, *310#, text 2 to 312, or visit myMTNApp, myMTN Web, and Zigi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I check my data usage?
To check your current month’s usage on your Android phone, go to Settings > Connections > Data Usage. The screen shows your billing period and the amount of cellular data you’ve used so far. You can also set a mobile data limit on this screen.
What is the code to check MTN data balance in Nigeria?
To check MTN data balance for MTN Pulse credit balance, simply dial *310# for your credit balance or send 2 to 312 and MTN will send your data balance summary info at once.
What is the code for MTN data?
How do I subscribe to MTN data bundles? You can subscribe to any MTN data bundles via the following channels: USSD: Dialling *312# and select your preferred data plan. SMS: Sending the bundle plan keyword to 312.
Can I convert data bundles to airtime?
Hi there, you can’t convert data into airtime.
Can I borrow money from MTN and use it to buy data?
You can borrow airtime and data from MTN when you run out. You can use the borrowed airtime to make calls or purchase data bundles if you would rather not borrow data directly
Techspike’s Conclusion on How to Check MTN Data Balance
In conclusion, checking your MTN data balance is crucial to avoid unwanted charges and stay on top of your data usage. With the various methods discussed in this post, checking your data balance is simple and convenient.
Always remember to choose a data plan that suits your data needs and monitor your data usage regularly. This will help you make the most of your data plan and avoid unexpected charges.
We hope this post has been informative and helpful. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them in the comment section below.
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.