How to Activate MTN Transfer PIN in 2023: Do you want to transfer airtime to your friend and you don’t have the transfer PIN to use? Well, you have landed on the right page as that is exactly what is going to be explained on this page. TECHSPIKE.COM.NG got you covered!
We are human, so we are meant to forget things and MTN Group knows that and that is why they leave room for PIN reset.
In this post, you will get to know;
- What is mtn transfer PIN code
- How to activate MTN transfer PIN in 2023
- How to Reset MTN transfer PIN code
- What is the MTN Airtime Default PIN
- mtn transfer code reset
- How to generate MTN transfer code
- how to get mtn transfer code
- mtn to mtn transfer code
- How to register mtn transfer code
- How to create mtn transfer code
- How to change mtn transfer code
Without wasting much time, let’s get started!
What is MTN Transfer PIN Code
MTN transfer PIN code is the Personal Identity Number that you will need to finalize the transfer when you are sharing airtime on your MTN line. The PIN is a four-digit code.
- How to transfer Airtime from MTN to Airtel
- How to Borrow Airtime From MTN
- How to transfer airtime from MTN to 9mobile
- How to migrate to MTN Awuf4u Tariff Plan
- How to Change MTN Tariff Plan
- MTN Beta Talk Data Plan
- How to check MTN Data Balance
- How to transfer Airtime on MTN Beta Talk
- How to transfer Airtime on MTN
- How to cancel Auto Renewal on MTN
What is MTN Default Transfer PIN
The default transfer PIN assigned by MTN Nigeria to all their customers is a 4-digit code 0000. However, before a customer can use the Share n sell service to transfer or send airtime, he/she must change the 0000 code to a personalized 4-digit code for security purposes.
If you haven’t changed the PIN before, you can simply use 0000 as your transfer PIN.
Now, you remember you have changed your MTN default transfer PIN code but you can’t seem to wrap your head around it again! You can’t remember again! Don’t worry, below is how you can retrieve the transfer PIN.
Recommended: How to transfer airtime on MTN
How to Retrieve MTN Transfer PIN 2023
To retrieve your old MTN share n sell pin for airtime transfer, you should follow the below guide;
- Open your messaging app
- Text ‘YES’ to 310 with the number you want to retrieve its transfer PIN code
- You will receive a text message from MTN NIGERIA reading; “Welcome to share & sell, Your default new pin is 0000. MTN recommends you reset the pin”.
You can also call the MTN customer care line (180) and tell them that you want to retrieve your transfer pin.
How to change Transfer PIN on MTN Network
In this aspect, I am going to give you two ways how you can successfully change your default share n sell PIN to a new one. The two are;
- Using SMS method and,
- Via USSD code
Stay with me while I show you how you can change your MTN transfer PIN with these two methods;
How to change MTN Transfer PIN with SMS
To successfully change your default or old MTN transfer pin using the SMS method, you are required to;
- Launch your message app
- Send [OldPin-Newpin-Newpin] to 321 using your MTN line.
- You should receive a success message afterward.
For instance, let’s say you want to change the old Pin which is 0000 to a new pin you have in mind “1234”. All you should do is send 0000 1234 1234 to 321 (make sure there is a space between the old pin and the new pin).
Simple as ABC.
Now, on to how to change MTN transfer PIN using the USSD code.
How to change MTN Transfer PIN using USSD Code
To change using the USSD method, follow the simple steps below;
- Open your mobile phone dialer (button phone users can skip this step)
- Insert the USSD code in this format *321*Oldpin*Newpin*Newpin# and send using your MTN line.
- You should receive a success message that you have successfully changed your MTN transfer code.
Take, for instance, you want to change your old pin which is 0000 to a new one 1234. You only need to input this USSD code *321*0000*1234*1234# and send it.
Below is a video you can watch to guide you on how to reset your MTN transfer PIN. Very Straightforward!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I recover my MTN transfer PIN?
Open your mobile phone dialer (button phone users can skip this step) Insert the USSD code in this format *600*Oldpin*Newpin*Newpin# and send using your MTN line.
What happens if you forget your MTN share and sell PIN?
It is a normal thing to forget the MTN share n sell PIN. So, to reset it, simply text YES to 556 and the password will be reset.
Do I need a transfer PIN for each phone number?
Yes, it depends on your choice. Every MTN phone number you use must have its own Transfer PIN and if you like you can make all the PIN the same.
Techspikes Conclusion on How to Activate MTN Transfer PIN
Alright, let’s wrap this up! Activating your MTN Transfer PIN is super easy and really important for keeping your airtime transfers secure. Remember, it’s like creating a secret code that only you know, making sure that no one else can send your airtime to their own phone without your permission.
It’s just a few simple steps: You dial a code, choose your unique PIN and boom, you’re set to transfer airtime safely. Whether you’re helping out a friend in need or managing your family’s phone credits, this PIN is your little guardian.
So, take a moment to set it up. It’s a small step, but it makes a big difference in keeping your account safe. Plus, it gives you the freedom to share your airtime whenever you want, with peace of mind. Stay smart, stay secure, and keep sharing the love with MTN’s safe transfer system!
With this post, I hope your question has been answered but if you still have any questions or questions relating to this post (How to Activate MTN Transfer PIN), kindly leave us a comment and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.