GTB Bank transfer code in 2023: Simplify your banking experience with GT Bank’s innovative USSD solution. As a leading bank in Nigeria, Guaranty Trust Bank has introduced a groundbreaking solution that allows customers to perform various banking operations using their mobile phones, without the need for an internet connection.
Say goodbye to the stress of visiting a physical bank branch or relying on internet connectivity with GT Bank transfer code in 2023.
In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about the GT Bank transfer code. We will answer all your questions, including:
- What is the GT Bank transfer code?
- how to activate gtb transfer code
- gtb transfer code to other bank
- What are the various GT Bank USSD codes?
- How can you block or unblock the GT Bank USSD code?
- What is the GT Bank loan USSD code?
- How can you register for the GT Bank transfer code without an ATM?
- What is the GT Bank transfer code to other banks?
- How can you get a five-digit PIN for the GT Bank transfer code?
- How to Open GTBank Account Without BVN
- How to buy Airtime from GTB
- How to Unblock Your GTBank Account and ATM Card
- How to check BVN on GTB
- How to check GTB Account Balance
- How to buy Data from GTBank
- How to check GTBank Statement of Account on Phone
- How to Block GTBank Account and ATM Card
- How to check GTB Account Number on Phone
What is the GTB Bank Transfer Code?
With the GTB Bank transfer code, customers can carry out a wide range of transactions such as checking their account balance, transferring funds, purchasing airtime, paying bills, and even opening new accounts.
To use the GT Bank transfer code, customers simply need to dial *737# on their mobile phones and follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
For example, to transfer money, customers can select the transfer option, enter the recipient’s account number and the amount to be transferred, and then confirm the transaction with their PIN or authentication method.
The funds will be immediately transferred to the recipient’s account, and both parties will receive confirmation of the transaction via SMS. Simplify your banking experience with GT Bank transfer code in 2023!
Requirements to activate GT Bank USSD Code
GT Bank offers a quick and easy way to carry out banking transactions through their USSD code. To activate the GT Bank USSD code, customers must meet the following requirements:
- Customers must have a phone number registered with GT Bank. To register their phone number, they can visit any GT Bank branch or contact the customer care center.
- Customers must ensure that the phone number linked to their GT Bank account is active and that they have access to it. The phone number should be able to send and receive text messages, as this is the primary means of communication between the customer and the USSD code.
- Customers must ensure that their GT Bank account is active and in good standing. There should be no outstanding debts or issues with the account.
- Customers must ensure that the phone number used to register for the USSD code is the same as the one on their bank account. This is to ensure that there is no mix-up with account details and that transactions are carried out smoothly.
Once these requirements are met, customers can activate the GT Bank USSD code by dialing *737# on their mobile phones and following the prompts on the screen.
Customers will then be required to enter their GT Bank account number, create a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN), and confirm the PIN.
The USSD code will then be activated, and customers can start using it to perform various banking transactions.
How to Register for GT Bank Transfer Code
As a GT Bank customer, you can easily register for the GT Bank transfer code and perform various banking transactions on your mobile phone. Here are the steps to follow:
- Dial *737# on the phone number linked to your GT Bank account to access the GT Bank USSD code menu on your phone screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select the account to be used with the USSD code. If you have multiple accounts with GT Bank, you will be asked to select the account you want to use with the USSD code.
- Create a 4-digit PIN to authorize transactions on the USSD code. This PIN will be used to authorize all transactions carried out with the USSD code. Choose a PIN that is easy to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Confirm your PIN and complete the registration. Once you have entered your chosen PIN, you will be prompted to confirm it. After confirming your PIN, your registration will be completed, and you can start using the GT Bank transfer code to perform various banking transactions.
It is important to note that customers must keep their PIN secure and should not share it with anyone. Also, customers should ensure that they have sufficient airtime on their mobile phones before using the USSD code, as network charges may apply.
With GT Bank transfer code, you can conveniently and securely perform banking transactions from anywhere and at any time.
List of GTB USSD Codes
GT Bank provides customers with various USSD codes that make banking transactions easier and more convenient. Here is a list of some of the USSD codes and their functions:
- *737*0# – Opening an account
- *737*1*Amount*Account Number# – Transfer money to another GT Bank account
- *737*2*Amount*Beneficiary Phone Number# – Buy airtime for yourself or a third party
- *737*2*Amount*Beneficiary Phone Number# – Purchase data for yourself or a third party
- *737*50*Biller ID*Amount# – Pay bills such as DSTV, PHCN, and others
- *737*6*1# – Check your account balance
- *737*Amount*Beneficiary Bank Account Number# – Transfer to other banks through USSD
- *737*5# – Block your USSD code if you suspect that it has been compromised
- *737*20# – Unblock your USSD code if you have previously blocked it
How to Block GTB Bank USSD Code
If you suspect that your GT Bank USSD code has been compromised, you can block it by following the steps below:
- Dial *737*5# from the phone number linked to your GT Bank account.
- Select option 1 to block your USSD code.
- Enter your 4-digit USSD code PIN.
- Confirm the action.
How to Unblock GT Bank USSD Code
If you have previously blocked your GT Bank USSD code and want to unblock it, follow the steps below:
- Dial *737*20# from the phone number linked to your GT Bank account.
- Select option 1 to unblock your USSD code.
- Enter your 4-digit USSD code PIN.
- Confirm the action.
GT Bank Loan USSD Code
GT Bank also offers a loan service that can be accessed through their USSD code. If you are eligible for a loan, you can follow the simple steps below to access it:
- Dial 73751*51# from the phone number linked to your GT Bank account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the loan application process.
It is important to note that customers must ensure the security of their PIN and should not share it with anyone. In addition, customers should also ensure that they have sufficient airtime on their mobile phones before using the USSD code, as network charges may apply.
With the GT Bank transfer code, banking transactions have been made easier and faster, allowing customers to perform various banking transactions on their mobile phones without the need to visit a physical bank branch or use the Internet.
Frequently Asked Questions on GTB Transfer Code
How do I transfer money from GTB to another bank?
Please be informed that you can transfer funds via your registered phone number. For GT-GT dial *737*1*AMOUNT*NUBAN#. GTBank to other banks dial *737*2*AMOUNT*NUBAN#. Note: The last 4 digits of your card will be required.
What is the 3-digit bank code for GTBank?
The 1st three digits stand for a specific bank. While various other banks in Nigeria have their own particular digits, that of Gtbank is 058.
How can I check my GTBank account number?
Just dial *737*6*1# from your registered mobile number.
How do I get my 4-digit PIN for GTB?
To create a Transaction PIN
- Dial *737*5#
- Input the last 6 digits of your Debit Card.
- Create your 4-digit PIN.
What to do if I forgot my transaction PIN?
Visit the website of the bank or institution that issued your card. Most banking sites contain a section where users can view their account details and make changes to various settings and preferences. This is where you’ll be resetting your PIN.
In summary, the GT Bank transfer code provides a convenient way for customers to conduct banking transactions without the need to physically visit the bank or use the Internet.
To activate the USSD code, one must follow the registration process outlined above. The list of USSD codes mentioned above can be used to perform various banking transactions.
If a customer suspects that their USSD code has been compromised, they can follow the steps provided to block or unblock it. Additionally, GT Bank provides a speedy loan service that can be accessed through their USSD code.
If you have any questions, kindly leave us a comment and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.