First Bank Transfer Code in 2023: In recent years, the Nigerian banking industry has undergone a significant transformation, with the introduction of innovative banking services that provide customers with convenient ways of carrying out banking transactions. One such innovation is the First Bank transfer code, a USSD code that allows First Bank customers to perform various banking transactions on their mobile phones without an internet connection.
This service has revolutionized the way people carry out banking transactions, making it more convenient and accessible to customers. In this post, we will address the following search intent:
- what is First bank transfer code?
- requirements to activate First bank USSD code
- How to register for First bank transfer code in 2023
- List of first bank USSD codes
- Why is my first bank ussd code not working
- First bank ussd code for transfer
- How to deactivate first bank ussd code
- How to block First bank USSD code
- How to unblock First bank USSD code in 2023
- First bank loan USSD code
- How to register the First bank transfer code without ATM
- First bank transfer code to other banks
- How to get a 5-digit PIN for First bank transfer
Let’s get down to business! Remember TECHSPIKE.COM.NG is here for you always!
What is First Bank Transfer Code?
Using the First Bank transfer code, customers can perform a wide range of transactions such as checking their account balance, transferring funds to other accounts, purchasing airtime for themselves or others, paying bills, and even opening new accounts. The code provides a quick and convenient way for customers to perform these transactions without the need to visit a physical bank branch or use the Internet.
To use the First Bank transfer code, customers need to dial *894*# on their mobile phones and follow the prompts on the screen. For instance, to transfer money, a customer will select the transfer option, enter the recipient’s account number and the amount to be transferred, and then confirm the transaction with their PIN or authentication method. The funds will be immediately transferred to the recipient’s account, and both parties will receive confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
Requirements to activate First Bank USSD Code
Activating the First Bank USSD code is a simple process that requires customers to meet certain requirements. Firstly, customers must ensure that they have a phone number linked to their First Bank account. This can be done by visiting any First Bank branch or contacting the customer care center.
Secondly, customers must ensure that the phone number linked to their First Bank account is active and that they have access to it. The phone number should be able to send and receive text messages as this is the primary means of communication between the customer and the USSD code.
Thirdly, customers must ensure that their First Bank account is active and in good standing. This means that there should be no outstanding debts or issues with the account.
Lastly, customers must ensure that the phone number used to register for the USSD code is the same as the one on the bank account. This is to ensure that there is no mix-up with account details and that transactions are carried out smoothly.
Once these requirements are met, customers can activate the First Bank USSD code by dialing **894*# on their mobile phones and following the prompts on the screen. Customers will then be required to enter their First Bank account number, create a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN), and confirm the PIN. The USSD code will then be activated, and customers can start using it to perform various banking transactions.
How to register for First Bank Transfer Code in 2023
Registering for the First Bank transfer code is a straightforward process that customers can easily do from their mobile phones. Here are the steps to follow:
- Dial *894*# on the phone number linked to your First Bank account. This will bring up the First Bank USSD code menu on your phone screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select the account to be used with the USSD code. If you have multiple accounts with First Bank, you will be asked to select the account you want to use with the USSD code.
- Create a 5-digit PIN to authorize transactions on the USSD code. This PIN will be used to authorize all transactions carried out with the USSD code. It is important to choose a PIN that is easy to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Confirm your PIN and complete the registration. Once you have entered your chosen PIN, you will be prompted to confirm it. After confirming your PIN, your registration will be completed, and you can start using the First Bank transfer code to perform various banking transactions.
It is important to note that customers must ensure the security of their PIN and should not share it with anyone. In addition, customers should also ensure that they have sufficient airtime on their mobile phones before using the USSD code, as network charges may apply.
Check this out: How to Block First Bank Account and ATM Card
List of First Bank USSD Codes
First Bank offers various USSD codes to perform different banking transactions. Below is a list of some of the USSD codes and their functions:
- *894*0# – Check your account balance.
- *894*Amount*Account Number# – Transfer money to another First Bank account.
- *894*Amount*Phone Number# – Transfer money to a non-First Bank account.
- *894*Amount*Card Number# – Transfer money to a card.
- *894*Amount*Account Number# – Transfer money to a bank account.
- *894*Amount*Beneficiary Phone Number# – Buy airtime for yourself or a third party.
- *894*Amount*Beneficiary Phone Number# – Purchase data for yourself or a third party.
- *894*Amount*Beneficiary Phone Number# – Pay bills.
How to block First Bank USSD Code
If you suspect that your First Bank USSD code has been compromised, you can block it by following the steps below:
- Dial *894*911# from the phone number linked to your First Bank account
- Select option 3 to block your USSD code.
- Enter your 5-digit USSD code PIN.
- Confirm the action.
How to unblock First Bank USSD Code in 2023
If you have previously blocked your First Bank USSD code and want to unblock it, follow the steps below:
- Dial *894*911# from the phone number linked to your First Bank account.
- Select option 2 to unblock your USSD code.
- Enter your 5-digit USSD code PIN.
- Confirm the action.
First Bank Loan USSD Code
First Bank offers a quick loan to eligible customers through their USSD code. To access the loan, follow the steps below:
- Dial *894*11# from the phone number linked to your First Bank account.
- Select option 6 to apply for a loan.
- Enter the amount you want to borrow.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the loan application.
Frequently asked questions on first bank transfer code
How do I use USSD code for FirstBank?
“USSD Banking Service” is a banking service that the Bank provides to the Customer through the use of the USSD Code “*894#” from a Mobile phone, such as Funds Transfers, Airtime Top-up, inquiry service about balance in their Account(s), Mini statement, bill payments, Account Opening, Corporate collection, BVN inquiry, etc.
What is 5 digit PIN?
A 5-Digit PIN is a unique PIN that may be used as an alternative means of logging in to your Mobile App. To use, simply tap “Log in with 5-Digit PIN” at the login screen, and then enter your unique PIN to log in to your account.
How can I transfer money from First Bank to another bank without ATM?
Kindly dial *894*Amount* Beneficiary Account Number# and follow the prompt as appropriate to transfer money from your First Bank account!
How do I get my 5 digit PIN for my Firstbank transfer?
To get your 5-digit PIN for your First bank transfer, follow the steps below;
- Simply dial *894*0#
- A list of masked debit card numbers linked to your account is displayed.
- Select your preferred debit card.
- Enter the 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) for the selected debit card.
- Create a new 5-digit PIN.
In conclusion, the First Bank transfer code is a convenient way to perform banking transactions without visiting the bank or using the Internet. To activate the USSD code, you must meet the requirements stated above, and to register, follow the steps provided. The list of USSD codes provided above can be used to perform various banking transactions. If you suspect that your USSD code has been compromised, you can block it using the steps outlined above, and if you want to unblock it, follow the steps provided. Lastly, First Bank offers a quick loan to eligible customers through their USSD code.
If you have any questions regarding this post, do leave us a comment in the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
His name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering.