First Bank cardless withdrawal: How to Withdraw Money from First Bank ATM Without a Card: Hello Techspiker, we’ve got something really special for you today that fuses technology with sheer practicality, First Bank’s cardless withdrawal feature.
Now, we’ve all been there, right? That moment when you reach for your wallet, sift through it, and realize your ATM card is missing.
Your heart sinks, especially when you desperately need cash. Whether you’ve left it at home, misplaced it, or even worse, lost it, the situation is far from ideal.
Well, let me tell you, First Bank has rolled out a solution that is nothing short of revolutionary.
In this post, I will explain to you what a cardless withdrawal is, how you can withdraw money from an ATM card without a card, and some Frequently Asked Questions.
- How to Block First Bank Account and ATM Card
- How to check First Bank Account Number on Phone
- How to Open a First Bank Account Without BVN
- How to check BVN on First Bank
- How to Check First Bank Account Balance
- First Bank Transfer Code – List of First Bank USSD Code
- How to transfer Money from First Bank to Palmpay
- How to buy Airtime from First Bank
What is a Cardless Withdrawal?
Before we dive into the details, let’s clarify what we mean by ‘cardless withdrawal.’ This is a feature that allows you to withdraw cash from an ATM without using your physical ATM card. Sounds magical, right?
Well, it kinda is. You can initiate the process using the First Bank mobile app or USSD code, and then walk up to the ATM to get your cash. No card is required!
Why Use Cardless Withdrawal?
There are several reasons you might want to use this feature:
- Emergency Situations: Forgot your wallet? No problem. You can still get cash.
- Safety: If you’re in a location where carrying a card might be risky, leave it at home and go cardless.
- Convenience: Sometimes, it’s just easier not to worry about another piece of plastic.
How To Withdraw From an ATM Without an ATM Card As A First Bank User
To use First Bank Cardless withdrawal, simply follow the steps below;
- Dial *848*Amount# from the number that is linked to your account.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, then authenticate the transaction with your PIN.
- Create the 4-digit PIN as requested, it’s a one-time password for the cash withdrawal.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and press send.
- Then you will receive a message containing a 12-digit pay code.
- Once you receive the message, locate the nearest first bank ATM.
- Press the Enter button on the ATM.
- Then enter your PIN and select cardless withdrawal/Paycode.
- Then input your 4-digit one-time password that you created above.
- After that enter your pay code (12 digits code sent to you as SMS).
- Input the amount you requested for withdrawal and your phone number.
- Then wait patiently for the ATM to verify your details and dispense cash.
The ATM doesn’t have to be only First Bank ATM, it can be any nearest ATM. The same method applied.
NOTE: Most ATMs do use the word cardless withdrawal but they use PayCode. So select the pay code and proceed with your transaction.
UPDATE: First Bank has launched a Biometric withdrawal support ATM. This implies that as a first bank customer, you can use your fingerprint to withdraw.
Locate any First Bank ATM that supports the biometric withdrawal option. Select fingerprint and follow the on-screen guide to withdraw. You can now withdraw from the first ATM using your fingerprint.
Common Issues and Troubleshooting
Sometimes, things don’t go as planned. Here are some issues you might face:
- Code Not Working: Ensure you’re inputting the code correctly.
- Expired Code: These codes have a short lifespan. If it’s expired, you’ll need to initiate a new transaction.
- Network Issues: If the network is down, the USSD and mobile app methods won’t work. You’ll need to wait.
FAQs on How to Withdraw Money from First Bank ATM Without a Card
Does FirstBank do cardless withdrawal?
Yes, First Bank ATMs are enabled for cardless transactions and are strategically located to perform basic banking services for our esteemed customers.
What is the cardless withdrawal code for FirstBank?
If you have an existing FirstBank debit card(s) linked to your account(s): Simply dial *894*0#.
Are There Any Extra Fees for Using Cardless Withdrawal?
Usually, there are minimal fees associated with using the cardless withdrawal feature. These fees can vary, so it’s best to consult the First Bank app or contact customer service to get the most accurate information. Make sure to check this before you proceed with a cardless withdrawal to avoid any surprises.
Are There Any Limits to How Much I Can Withdraw?
Yes, there are limits on how much you can withdraw using the cardless withdrawal option. The limits may vary depending on a variety of factors including the type of account you have and the bank’s set regulations. It’s always a good idea to check the specific limits for your account by contacting First Bank customer service or checking through the mobile app.
Is First Bank Cardless Withdrawal Safe to Use?
Safety is often a concern when it comes to withdrawing money without a card. First Bank has implemented various security measures to ensure that the cardless withdrawal feature is secure. The token or code you receive is typically time-sensitive, expiring within a short period to minimize risk. Additionally, you’ll often need to authenticate the transaction using your mobile app or USSD pin.
TechSpike’s Conclusion on First Bank Cardless Withdrawal in 2023
We went through the concept of cardless withdrawal, the benefits, and the straightforward ways to make it happen via USSD.
The beauty of this feature is that it’s more than just a technological advancement; it’s a real-life problem solver. I mean, who hasn’t had a minor panic attack at the thought of losing their ATM card?
With First Bank’s cardless withdrawal feature, those moments are a thing of the past.
This is not just about innovation; it’s about adding genuine value to everyday life. You can now breathe a sigh of relief next time you step out and forget your card; First Bank has got you covered. Plus, this adds an extra layer of security to your transactions.
You no longer have to worry about losing your card and someone misusing it. So, the next time you’re in a pinch and need cash, remember, that you’re just a few taps or dial tones away from getting your money.
If you’ve tried this feature or have any questions about it, we’d love to hear from you.
Drop a comment below, and let’s get the conversation going. Until our next tech deep dive, stay savvy, Techspiker!
My name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale, the CEO of TechSpike.com.ng. He is a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin.